Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Square Foot Garden Diagrams after planting this weekend

We went to the Locust Grove Farmer's Market Sunday and bought a couple of heirloom tomato plants, as well as one fairy tale eggplant plant and a patty pan squash plant. Keith grows everything he had for sale so we figured we'd try one or two and see how they grew. Here are the diagrams for the three that we have planted. #1 is fully planted at this point.

Remember, if you can't see the whole picture just click on it and you'll see it full size.




There are a few little shoots coming up from the beet seeds I put in last weekend, as well as the brussell sprouts. Jeff loves okra so I bought a few seeds to try growing it this year and I'm excited about growing Southern Peas (varieties of cow peas) because we got some at the Farmer's Market last year and they were delicious. I'll post more pictures as things develop.

I also put two lines of string between the squares of the panel of fencing in the pea garden because I read that peas that have something to climb grow better.

No comments: