Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pictures!

Newly harvested, it's been replanted with rampicante squash, two tomatoes, poona kheera cucumber, and five little corn plants that I got from a nice lady on the Square Foot Gardening Forum. She also gave me thyme, sage, and chives!

Of the greens we harvested, my favorite (and least bug-damaged) was Southern Giant Mustard. The Tendergreen Mustard was all but destroyed and I'm not going to plant turnip greens again, since I like the other greens so much more. I left the kale and my son's giant cabbage, as well as the volunteer green that I haven't been able to identify.

You can also see two new frames in the background!

Bed 1

This bed contains bush beans and four cherry tomato plants, which have already set fruit.

Bed 2

The pole beans survived the beetles and are reaching for the sky! I hope to build an overhead trellis for them next year.
Bed 3

This bed is planted with oregano, parsley, basil, tomatillos, and squash.
Bed 4

This bed has a variety of types of sunflowers, as well as three cucumbers, which is why there's a trellis at one end of the bed.
Sunflower Bed

We have 16 different tomatoes planted in this bed, many of which are already producing! I can't wait for the first one to ripen.
Tomato Bed

The most recent addition, this bed was built for some record-length carrot seeds that were generously shared by a friend on the Square Foot Gardening forum.
Carrot Bed

Here's an overview of the garden area.
The Backyard Garden

This bed alongside our house was added in May, and contains cilantro, malibar spinach, radishes, bull's blood beets, mustard greens, chervil, and a tall, happy dill plant. Hopefully the shade of the house will keep the mustard safe for a little while longer. I don't know what I'll replace it with.
Side Bed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My envy is greenly palpable! How wonderful your garden is!