Friday, March 20, 2009

Flowers Coming Up and Greens Sprouting

Irises Coming Up Under the White Butterfly Bush

Daffodils Beside the Driveway

Daffodil Circle

Daffodils in the Woods

Johnny Jump Ups (?)

Mystery Purple Flower

Ben's Bulb Coming Up (although I'm not sure what kind of flower it is)

Hyacinths

Hyacinths

On Monday, March 16th, I took some pictures of the flowers that were coming up around the farm. The batteries in the phone were dead so I borrowed my son's cellphone. It was overcast so the lighting isn't perfect, but I thought I'd share anyway.

I've been watching my greens hopefully, but I'd about given up hope. Today, however, I looked down as I walked into the house and lo and behold, tiny little sprouts! They're pretty hard to see, but I couldn't resist taking some pictures and posting them.


Southern Giant Mustard


Premier Kale


Tendergreen Spinach Mustard


Fordhook Giant Swiss Chard

I hope everyone is having a wonderful spring!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Oh, I'm so envious of all your pretty flowers! Soon, soon...I continue to wait patiently for the snow to melt...**sigh**

The Ungardener said...

That's OK, this summer when I'm sweltering I'll be envious of your nice cool weather :)