Monday, March 9, 2009

Greens Fever

I thought all I was going to plant at this point was my peas, but looking through the Square Foot Gardening book got me thinking about greens, so after dropping my son off at school with his batch of birthday cupcakes (he turns 8 today!), I stopped by the feed store. Silly me, I thought I would buy some snow pea seeds to replace the Oregon Sugar Peas that I planted all but a few of, but when I saw the wide variety of bulk greens seeds I couldn't help myself. I'm going to catalog what I planted where below, please forgive me if it's boring. I want to keep track of what does well and what we like. I'm also going to photograph the planters every week or so.

First, a couple of pictures:




As you can see I haven't cleaned out planters I didn't need for the greens as of yet. I'll do that once I'm ready to put flowers in them and the deck will look much prettier!

#Planter ColorPlanter ShapeType of Seed
2light greensquareTendergreen (Spinach) Mustard
3blueroundSouthern Giant Mustard
3brownsquareLong Standing Bloomsdale Spinach
1brown (plastic)ovalUpland Cress
1 greenrectangleFlorida Broadleaf Mustard
3brownroundButtercrunch Lettuce
7greenroundBlack Seeded Simpson Lettuce
4/4brown/whiteround (small)Siberian Kale
10whitesquarePremier Kale
7blacksquareGeorgia Southern Collards
2greenround (large)Blue Scotch Curled Kale
2blackround (heather)Fordhook Giant Swiss Chard

No comments: